Dynamic Intern Needed
Seeking a professional, enthusiastic, and ambitious Intern to join the Pick Yourself® team, which has a global reach. This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive self-starter to contribute to my growing business with content and inbound marketing, social media, digital presence, and lead management/tracking expertise.
An ideal Intern will be able to work with a good sense of urgency, be expertly organized with details, and able to multitask on multiple projects. They will also have the opportunity to influence the direction of the marketing with creative and fresh influence.
I am currently building my motivational speaking brand, Pick Yourself® educational platform. I am willing to train the right individual. Due to my size, this is an environment where an eager Intern with excellent work ethics can excel.
Rodney Goldston is a President of JugHead Media, LLC. JugHead Media is a digital marketing agency providing marketing services for a variety of clients, including Rodney’s own personal brand.
The Intern supports all phases of the marketing process. The Intern provides support to Rodney and is directly responsible for client management and marketing functions as assigned.
A substantial amount of interaction with internal/external clients and partners is expected; therefore, qualified candidates will possess outstanding customer service skills, commitment, professionalism and strong organization skills.
The Intern must be able to think quickly and shift gears easily while managing multiple tasks. Strong consideration will be given to candidates with demonstrable marketing experience.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess:
- Strong Desire to Learn
- Capacity to Work Independently with Commitment to Accomplishing Tasks
- Polished Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Apple Suite (Keynote, and Pages)
- Excellent Personal Communication & Telephone Skills: Verbal and Interpersonal
- Impeccable Organizational Skills
- Ability to Think Quickly and Shift Gears While Calmly Managing Multiple Tasks
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of presentations–webinars, seminars, workshops etc.–securing venues, creating materials, ensuring packages are complete.
- Create and upload graphics to social media accounts.
- Grow social media following.
- Maintain local manager’s calendar of phone calls, meetings, webinars, speaking events, etc.
- Answer incoming calls and evaluate appropriate next steps
- Process book orders and keep books in stock at office; learn Amazon’s publishing and sales process
- Communicate regularly with prospects, and clients; provide appropriate resources and education
- Systematically, creatively and tenaciously collaborate with the manager to create a plan to market Rodney’s Pick Yourself® program to new and existing partners, past clients and other interested parties
- Maintain the marketing calendar to meet goals, objectives and deadlines
- Research and find relevant articles in order to create content for collateral materials
- Assist in design creation of marketing materials, informational handouts, letters, blog posts, and emails
- Assist with follow up and assessment of direct marketing campaigns
- Updating website, assisting in blog posts, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other social media
- Assist in running the online course: video production and editing; all things marketing from designing landing pages to writing copy; customer service and support
Booking Speeches/Client Management
- Receive incoming calls and direct clients appropriately
- Prepare and review all outgoing documents and other mail
- Make Pre-Speech calls to clients once the booked – this call prepares the client for the next step in the process and gives the coordinator the opportunity to request and additional information needed.
- Pipeline Management – assist client acquisition process, ensuring timely and efficient outreach and follow-up.
- Work as a liaison between clients, Rodney, and professional 3rd parties.
- 3 Years, or more of college with a focus preferably in marketing, and with corresponding experience in office/organizational management
- One to three years pertinent office experience
Other Helpful Skills
- Experience with Website Updating, Maintenance and Blogs
- Photoshop/InDesign, Canva, or any Desktop Publishing
- Digital Marketing Campaigns via email (Constant Contact, Get Response, Mail Chimp etc)
- ACT, ZOHO.com, Salesforce or other CRM programs